Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Where to Start

It is days like today that I miss having someone to do nothing with...nothing important at least. I miss being able to wander around aimlessly with someone due to lack of anything better to do. I miss going to the mall and looking at furniture we could never afford, kitchen appliances that we could only dream of, and wandering through IKEA imagining how our future dream home might be decorated. ( Dream homes come in IKEA dream kits that you assemble yourself ).

It is also at these moments that I wish I had friends that I could relate to and help take my mind off of days like these.  Divorce is hard enough as it is, but unfortunately it throws you into a whole new phase of life that you never wish for anyone to experience. My close friends all got married around the same time, which is usually followed by babies, mom jeans, and mini-vans. They now have the babies, and I have divorce papers. Things didn't exactly go as planned.

I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I am not really sure about the reason behind all of this yet but I am at the start of a journey to figure out why.  It feels like I am having to start life all over again and honestly it is a bit scary and overwhelming. I don't know where to start.

2 comments:

  1. God owns your future....trust Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. Picking up the pieces and trying to create a new, single life has to be so difficult. Hugs. You'll figure it all out.

    ReplyDelete