Sunday, January 2, 2011

One Year Later

It has been a whole year since I started this blog. I just took a look back at my first post, and remember some of the reasons I started blogging. I remember  I had just recently botched  another interview because of my inability to spit out any of the words that ran through my mind. I was feeling pretty down  and was tired of never being able to express my true thoughts, or be myself.

So have I changed? Well, yes and no. I have not magically kicked my shyness to the curb and become the life of the party. I have not been able to master the job interview process, carry on a proper small talk conversation, or even ask for a dressing room key in a department store. But I am slowly realizing that dwelling on these things just further disappoints me and throws me deeper into my hobbit hole. I verbally abuse myself on a daily basis over these things, and I am tired of it. Instead of finding out who I am, and having confidence in myself all I can think about is who I am not, and who I wished I was. One of my greatest hurdles is not knowing who I am. How can anyone be confident without an identity?

So on that note, I would like to start this year off as a journey of self discovery. I want to find confidence, joy, and learn to love myself as I am.

Cheers to another year of blogging. I can't wait to see what this year has in store.

4 comments:

  1. I pray you truly find what you are looking for in this new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! Happy Birthday to you and your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!! Congrats on one year of blogging. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made it a year!!!! That is fantastic! I hope that this year brings you many things, but most of all I hope it brings you what you wish for. Good luck on finding yourself and being comfortable with who you already are!

    ReplyDelete