Sunday, June 10, 2012

Curdled Eggs and Tart Dough

Seems as if I have fallen off of the blog everyday in June wagon. Well, despite missing a few days I am going to keep on trekkin. I have been a bit busier than normal baking in the kitchen to prepare for my final exam tomorrow. Our practical exam consists of:


Tart dough
Pate a choux
Crème Anglaise
Pastry Cream
Ganache

So in case you didn't know Tart dough means making a whole fresh berry tart with the pastry cream included. The Pate a Choux, Creme Anglaise, and Ganache all go together to form an Eclair.  Seems pretty easy right? Well.. yes, but there are so many things that could go disastrously wrong. I could measure any of these recipes wrong and doom myself from the beginning, I could under cook the Pate a Choux ( which makes them impossible to fill ), I can over cook my Pate a Choux and create a not so favorable texture,  I can over cook my custard causing the eggs to curdle, or I could temper it wrong and also cause the eggs to curdle. Time is also a factor so I have to make sure to make a plan and stick to it. My dough needs to be chilled, and my custards need to be set...timing, timing, timing.

I'm a little stressed out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment