Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sawdust?

Blog everyday in June...day #2 So apparently I was supposed to blog about food yesterday for the Food Friday theme but I had already posted for the day when this decision was made. Fail #1 and onto day #2. Blogging everyday used to be pretty easy for me. I almost did it for a whole year. I don't know how I did that... its not like I had anything exciting to blog about...nor do I now, but I think I made up for that year of blogging everyday by blogging only a handful of times this year. But hey less is more right? Especially when it comes to my mind vomit that used to be more regularly spewed onto this blog.

Speaking of vomit... for whatever reason, when I think of vomit I always follow it up with the thought of sawdust. This may seem even stranger than the norm, but I think it stems back from elementary school. When I was in elementary school and child vomited they would cover it in sawdust before cleaning it up. Is this like a thing? A secret to the cleaning of vomit? Or, is it like a religious thing? I went to a Christian school so you never know...maybe it was symbolic and they were covering it in "cross shavings." Maybe they saw puke as a sort of natural exorcism? Or maybe it was just left over shavings from Jesus's carpenter days. Whatever the reason, it will always stick in my mind. Every time I vomit I smell a hint of pine. Not that I vomit on a regular basis...

Anyways...moving away form the vomit talk. Since I haven't really posted in awhile I guess I could do a quick update on what I have been up to. This may be similar to a conversation you have with a friend you haven't seen in awhile...this is the part where you nod and smile, pretend that you are paying attention, and maybe even care a little. I will try and keep it short and sweet.

My life in a nutshell:
I go to culinary school, I run, I do Crossfit, I cook, I eat paleo. I will expand on this at a later time... I mean, I have the rest of June right?

Happy Saturday! 

2 comments:

  1. I remember the sawdust....it was only to help gather the mess easier...not any sort of ritual. What made you think of vomit? Dad? Yes, he had a night of it...poor fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah sawdust absorbs the vomit moisture and makes it easier to clean. I was a don in residence and we had "vomit comet" - a powdered cleaner you poured over vomit to dry it up and kill the smell. I poured a lot of vomit comet over my time as a don...

    ReplyDelete