It’s Meatless Monday again! I don’t know how the weather is where you are but it is cold and rainy here. So on that note I will post a soup recipe that I made this weekend. It was delicious and goes great with homemade bread. Here it is:
Yummy Sweet Potato Soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt to taste
- 1 large roma (plum) tomato, seeded and diced
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream and lime zest. Set aside in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to blend.
- Heat oil and Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add sweet potatoes, and chicken stock. Season with cumin, chili flakes and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender or regular blender. If using a counter top blender, puree in small batches, filling the blender just a bit past half way to avoid spillage. Whisk peanut butter into the soup, and heat through. Stir in lime juice, and salt.
- Ladle into warm bowls, and top with a dollop of the reserved sour cream, a few pieces of diced tomato, and a sprinkle of cilantro.
If it is warm where you are this soup would probably work well as a cold soup too!
Happy Monday everyone hope you enjoy your week!