Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Really? Come On Now

I was doing good…my hip issue I was experiencing died down and completely disappeared..but now I have something similar returning with a vengeance. It is not quite the same pain which gives me an inkling of hope. It is more a pain in my ass and over the hip Trochanter and not the actual hip joint (which would be felt in the groin area )…I think this picture probably best describes the location of my pain..

GluteusMinimus

It kind of throbs.. probably because I am sitting on it… but it is a constant reminder of the hell I went through in January not being able to run.  Please God not again.

The weather should start to warm up soon, so a little bike riding might be a good option but I am lost at where to ride around here. There are a ton of great places to ride your bike but not to ride your bike alone. I think I have a phobia of getting hit by a car. It is not like Lincoln here where the bike lanes were nearly as wide as a regular car lane. In Auburn, bike lanes are few and far in between and shoulders are pretty much non existent.

I am trying to decide what my next move should be. Rest day? Doctor? Chiropractor? Ugh.

4 comments:

  1. I would go to the doctor if it persists for the rest of the week. Good luck!

    xo anastasia b

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would suggest Chiropractor. I had that same experience, pain near my hip, and I would get it whenever I would walk a lot or exercise. Turns out my hips were out of alignment. The Chiropractor adjusted my hips and spine and my hip stopped hurting when walking, hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps a good soak in the tub with some epsom salts would also help. Or maybe ice then heat alternating and doing some stretching.

    ReplyDelete