Friday, September 24, 2010

Recipe Contest

Easy Mexican Millet




Approximate preparation time: 30 minutes
Serves 6

Ingredients
1 cup of millet
2 cups of water
2 tsp. Olive Oil
4 large tomatoes, Diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 fresh ears of corn
1 tablespoon of Cumin
1 Cup of Cilantro
Salt
Pepper


1.Bring millet and two cups of water to a boil. Cover and turn down heat until all water is absorbed. ( about 15-20 minutes )

2. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat and add garlic and corn. Sauté for two minutes and then add tomatoes. Season lightly with salt, and pepper and add the cumin. Let simmer for 5 minutes.

3. Remove from heat and add the millet. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add in the cilantro and serve.
Yep..this is the recipe I am submitting at the farmers market tomorrow...I never win anything, so I am going to already just say I lose...but I win in that I at least had the guts to enter. I am afraid of losing..so way to conquer that fear right? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment