Sunday, September 19, 2010

Warning: Not For The Squeamish

I was on my way to cooking up some Moong Dal A.K.A these nutritious little buggers...



But lets just say the last picture I took was this...

Yea... so I was slicing up an onion preparing to dice it and noticed the placement of my hand. I thought to myself..."I am so going to chop my finger off someday"...then literally two seconds later BAM. I looked at my finger and instantly knew this would be a bleeder. If anyone needed my DNA well it's in the kitchen. Go for it, there is probably enough for a whole blood panel.

Like the dork I am I was intrigued by the awesome contrast of blood in a white kitchen sink and couldn't resist getting out my SLR and snapping multiple pictures. ( Is that weird? ) I wanted to freak out for about 5 minutes but I knew that dinner must be finished, and back to work I went.

I managed to finish up my Moong Dal with Pulao and Raita. Pulao is a rice dish with peas, sunflower seeds, and raisins. Raita is a yogurt with cucumber and other spices like curry, tumeric, and cinnamon. These are some of the dishes we learned to make in the Indian cooking class I went to last Wednesday. It was a hit at the dinner table but I failed to take a picture of the finished dish. Next time I suppose. I even managed to clean up the crime scene

This was only half of it.  How do you get blood off of your shoe?

4 comments:

  1. Whoa...looks like we might have had some extra protein in our dinner! JK! Sorry this happened to you. Please be extra careful. We get a little too confident and this is what can happen..."I" know! Other than your accident, dinner was great, with great flavors. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you thought, "this would be a bleeder."

    I'm glad you're okay now and not missing a finger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may sound sick, but I like the sink picture. The red and white contrast is awesome lol. I'm sorry that happened to you and am very happy you are okay.

    ReplyDelete