Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Iron Chef

Yesterday was my practical final for my cooking/nutrition class. It is sad that was the last time we will be cooking, or learning about cooking. I am not ready for it to be over yet.

Our practical was a copy cat of the Food Networks Iron chef. Each group was given a number that went to a bag that contained an ingredient we had to use. We were allowed to use everything in the fridge, freezer, and pantry.

Our teacher had warned us for months that one of the bags would contain yeast. Of course everyone in the class was hoping they would not get the dreaded packet of yeast but I was secretly hoping our group would get it. Bread baking is one of my favorite things to do…but of course we didn’t get the yeast. Instead, we got chocolate chips. Don’t get me wrong I love baking, and chocolate…but the best thing we could come up with was peanut butter cookies. They were absolutely delicious but we definitely did not win the creativity award. Is it pathetic that I am still dwelling on the fact that we could of kicked it up a knotch by getting  a bit more creative with the cookies? Let it go Amber…let it go. But shucks, I wanted to win and it is secretly killing me inside. ( I am way to competitive ).

My heart aches for culinary school. *Sigh*

On another note, I found out that most of the people in the Army with Eric’s job get sent to Cuba. Which wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing. I would go to Cuba, but the problem is it is an unaccompanied tour. So I wouldn’t be able to go. So it is like he is being deployed. I really hope he doesn’t go to Cuba.

4 comments:

  1. Don't ever question how great peanut butter and chocolate is, in my book it's always the correct choice. Boo for Cuba!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is....God is in control, not us. He has a plan for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ham, "kicked it up a notch." i love that saying.

    get em next time. in the meantime, send me something delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies is a winner in anyone's book. Yum, I want one!

    ReplyDelete