Saturday, July 17, 2010

Confidence...whats that?

Confidence. It is something I have been searching for since the day I was born. It is still a mystery to me. Self-esteem is another thing I have been searching for...probably because the two are very closely related. I have failed to obtain either one of these important life traits. It really is a mystery to me, and I admire anyone who has been able to obtain these traits. Well, unless they are cocky because no one likes a dick head. Some people seem to be born with confidence though. I feel like I was born without it, I lost it somewhere, or it was stolen from me.

Is there some kind of secret to obtaining confidence that I don't know about?

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes when you're surrounded by people who tell you what you aren't doing, haven't done, or can't do it's easy to forget what you are great at, awesome at, can do, will do, and have done. It's not really a matter of gaining confidence, but more so just finding security in the fact that peoples opinions of you, not matter how close or distant to you they claim to be, don't matter. Just be you, that's who you are best at being. Don't try to impress anyone, don't listen to the pressures around you, just be you and be awesome at it. I love you sister, don't be afraid to let you out, let the Amber that writes on this blog out.
    Also, come live here I would like that.
    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was exactly the same as you until I started working. I got confidence in the work place that I had never experienced before and didn't know how to accept it. Not to say that the workplace also provided let downs, but that's part of life. Reinforcement of support from those around you also helps. Just think of all the things you can do that I can't or others for that fact....that's a start and proud of you! I will miss you when you are gone. :o(

    ReplyDelete