Thursday, July 8, 2010

The To Do

I don't know if you noticed but my blogs have been pretty brief lately..which could also be a positive thing for you.

I have a hard time blogging when I feel stressed out. So what am I stressed out about? All the things that I need to get done in order to get to Germany. There are so many loose ends to tie and things to get done that I am feeling overwhelmed. Unfortunately Army wives are left to do a lot of the dirty work on their own and the process can be confusing. We don't get our hands held and have to use our brains to get things done. 

I have to get a military passport and get medically cleared. I hate processes that include filling out multiple forms, obtaining I.D.'s, licenses, and driving out to east Jesus nowhere to get to the closest military installation. Then if you arrive at the base with everything you need and get it all taken care of you have to wait...and wait, and wait...until you get cleared for a military passport.

As if having to get a military passport isn't confusing enough the medical clearance requires you to have a physical..which being spread eagle in front of a doctor is not my idea of a fun time. It is just not natural to have a stranger inspecting your goods. 

Me overwhelmed = Procrastination

I must fight my strong urge to procrastinate.

Happy Thursday 

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes for me when I get overwhelmed I find myself working really hard to come up with a plan of doing something, in which case the time I spent figuring out what to do is actually longer than the time it would have taken for me to just go ahead and do it. I'm a weirdy.
    I am jealous that you'll get to go to Germany though, that is so awesome. Think of it as an adventure rather than a burden, and as for the spread eagle goods inspection, I got nothing for ya. That's always a little awkward, but I suppose you could figure it's got to be awkward for them as well... Think of all the junk and naughty bits they've seen. weird.

    Anyways, i love you, get to it, and let me know if I can help in anyway. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor girl! It will all be worth it once you get to Germany. How amazing will that be?

    ReplyDelete