Monday, July 19, 2010

On a Brighter Note

It's Monday. It's a new day, and a new week and I am ready to shed some negative energy. My last few posts have been more on the negative side..so lets start over shall we?

So in my quest to be a bit more joyful and look on the brighter side of things I should let you know that I saw Despicable Me yesterday and it was fabulous. This movie brought me much joy and happiness. There are many things that brought happiness into my life yesterday, and there are some joyous occasions today that I have to look forward to.

Some bright notes of yesterday


  • Quiznos veggie sandwhich - sorry Subway, Quiznos veggie sandwhich kicks your veggie delights ass. 
  • New running shoes at the McKlellin airforce base for $85 dollars straight up no tax. (they are usually $100 not including tax )
  • Despicable Me- Super cute movie. There is no way you can leave this movie in a bad mood.
  • Chevys! There is not much better than Chevys for dinner. Their Chips and salsa are hands down the best chips and salsa in...northern CA at least. Every time we eat there I inspect the salsa ever so carefully trying to see what they put in it- in hopes to re-create it at home. Still no luck. 
  • Playing the newest Mario game with Eric. In Eric's terms "it is everything you always wished Mario could be". So true, and I love it. It brings back the memories of those good old Nintendo games. Minus having to blow them first.   
Some things I have to look forward to today...

  • My new chef's knife should be arriving. I know it doesn't look like much but it is an award winning knife by Cook's Illustrated.
















  • And last but not least...It's Meatless Monday!
What are you looking forward to this week?

2 comments:

  1. Good start for the day, it's cooler and I look forward to that. Going fishing tomorrow with Eric and his great Grandpa, that will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. McClellan (sp) by the way. Somewhat cooler weather and eating at the vegetarian restaurant you suggested tomorrow. My life is so exciting....yeah, RIGHT.

    ReplyDelete