Thursday, June 24, 2010

Debbie Downer

I had a few disappointments yesterday…

Disappointment #1 My enchilada bake. I will now remember to trust my instincts and stay away from recipes on PETA’s website. Apparently they are too busy protesting in front of KFC wearing dead chicken costumes to actually test out their recipes.

Don’t get me wrong, I stand with PETA when it comes to animal rights but if anything can get someone to eat meat and hate vegetarians it’s PETA…I could write a book about my opinion on PETA but I will stop here because it is too early for my brain to think.

I feel the need to redeem myself for last nights dinner. I am ashamed. It was a spicy mess.

Disappointment #2 The Karate Kid. Maybe my expectations for this movie were too high going into it…after all it was made for kids and I should of expected the high cheesiness factor…but I feel some of the cheesiness could have been avoided. There were times I was unsure if I was watching a movie or playing street fighter.

I am sure kids loved this movie, so I will try not to poo poo on it. I must realize that I am old and that I am too much of a fan of the original.

This movie should come with a warning though.

WARNING:  The stunts performed in this movie are not even remotely possible.  Attempting these stunts may result in bodily harm to you or other’s around you. Dumbass.

There was a part of me that did find my inner child and enjoyed it though. I am not that much of a downer, it made a bazillion dollars for a reason.

Well, happy Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment