Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mold and Vomit


It’s been an eventful week and it is only Tuesday. So far I have survived, but Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, still await me. So far I have gotten through a near skunk spraying that ended up in my dogs face, ( stupid dog ) a mysterious midnight puking session, getting kicked out of my room by a roof leak and some sort of potentially harmful mold.     ( ok I don’t really know if it is harmful but the mold man took cultures of it. ) I am awaiting my demise. With my luck I have been living in a room surrounded by black mold and it is slowly killing. Maybe it is responsible for the death of my TV. Damn you mold. Take me, but not my TV.

I did a little research and found some of the “few” symptoms of mold toxicity…

If exposed to elevated levels of indoor mold, some or many residents and workers can experience one or more of most common, mold health symptoms: allergies, asthma, bleeding lungs, breathing difficulties, cancer, central nervous system problems, recurring colds, chronic coughing, coughing up with blood, dandruff problems (chronic) that do not go away despite use of anti-dandruff shampoos, dermatitis, skin rashes, diarrhea, and/or; Eye and vision problems, fatigue (chronic, excessive, or continued) and/or general malaise, flu symptoms (chronic), sudden hair loss, headaches, hemorrhagic pneumonitis, hives, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, irritability, itching (of the nose, mouth, eyes, throat, skin or any other area), kidney failure, learning difficulties or mental dysfunction or personality changes, memory loss or memory difficulties; and/or Open skin sores and lacerations, peripheral nervous system effects, redness of the sclera (white of your eyes), runny nose (rhinitis) or thick, green slime coming out of nose (from sinus cavities), seizures, sinus congestion, sinus problems, and chronic sinusitis, skin redness, sleep disorders, sneezing fits, sore throat, tremors (shaking), verbal dysfunction (trouble in speaking), vertigo (feelings of dizziness, lightheadedness, faintness and unsteadiness), and vomiting.

Awesome I can now blame mold on pretty much anything.

Friend: “Amber, you have a dandruff problem. Maybe you should shower more.”

Me: “I shower, it’s just all that mold growing in my room.”                ( Either way you sound like a dirty person. )

Friend: “Hey you never called me back.”"

Me: “ Oops, I forgot..must be the mold.”

Oh and the best part is that one of the symptoms is Verbal dysfunction. I must have been living in a room full of mold my whole life. It’s the mold people..it is why I am socially retarded. No joke.

On a more serious note you will notice that the last symptom is vomiting. Hmmm perhaps I am actually onto something.

Well, happy Tuesday everyone!


  1. It didn't help the mold having an extra heater constantly on in your room only, making your room extra warm and not opening any windows. Sorry, I had to add that. :o(

  2. Oh yea I forgot... I mysteriously created a leak in the roof and purposely turned the heater on( which was not contantly on ) in order to grow an awesome mold collection to make me vomit. It was all part of my master plan. Success is mine.

    Thanks for reminding me of the heater issue, the mold made me forget.

  3. Uggggh! I am so sorry you're having to deal with that! Its scary and dangerous, and not to mention just plain gross!

    Hope youre feeling better soon and all of your problems just disappear!

  4. I've apparently missed out on a few posts. Mold is the devil, make no mistake. It's green and fuzzy in an attempt to appear cute, and is in the makings of Penacillin....but really its just death.

  5. And you wonder why I moved so fast to get it out of the house? Fortunately the special mold and water damage experts have removed every mold source by taking out drywall a foot aorund any mold. They have washed downed every wall, and piece of wood with a very strong bleach and other mold killing solution and it is being heat dried to dry all the mositure and kill any mold spores. They said I was smart to rip out the carpet and padding and get it out and wash everything down with bleach, that stopped the mold's spread. Still yucky though and a lot of work!