Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lessons Learned

billy and colin

Yesterday I had the pleasure of seeing where my brother lives.. or sleeps at least. I also had the pleasure of meeting his neighbors goat Billy. For some reason I thought this was the coolest thing ever. I want a pet goat.

billy

I was surprised at how much he acted like a dog. He likes his head scratched and even jumps up on you like a dog if he is not ready to be done petted yet. Who knew goats were so dog-like? One thing he does that dogs don’t is mow your lawn, and since I am lazy, this is a pretty good advantage. Maybe I will have a pet goat somewhere in my future…or I could play it smart like my brother and live next to someone with one. I learn something from my  brother everyday.

So now that I have been here about a week there are a few things I have learned about the wonderful town of Lynchburg VA.

- When they say they have ticks here, they actually mean it.

- Running on the shoulder of a road is a good time to use a car mirror to check your teeth because drivers don’t give you any extra space…however there are a few that are nice enough to move over just a little. You can judge by the type of car whether you need to run through the bushes or can remain on the shoulder. There are 3 types of vehicles to watch for:

1. Cars are usually nice and give you some space.

2.Cars with body damage want to kill you.

3. Trucks see how close they can get to you and follow it with a honk.

- There are plenty of Kroger grocery stores around but only one is the treasure box containing healthy food.

- People actually eat at Golden Corral

- Some locals can have southern accents, but others don’t.

- I really can in fact, sweat like a man.

I am sure there are many more lessons to be learned but I still have a whole week to learn them. Stay tuned!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment