Monday, January 11, 2010

Drunken Dreams

 I had a strange drunken dream last night...no I was not dreaming while drunk, but I was dreaming that I was drunk. I don't really remember my dream in too much detail, but all I know is that I was drinking a bud light with lime, ( classy right? ) and was not able to stand up straight.. or really stand up at all. It was one of those dreams where you fall down, and just keep falling. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get myself off the ground, nor could I get anyone to help me up. According to a dream interpretation website my dream could have hidden meanings such as...


As with most common dream themes, falling is an indication of insecurities, instabilities, and anxieties. You are feeling overwhelmed and out of control in some situation in your waking life. This may reflect the way you feel in your relationship or in your work environment. You have lost your foothold and can not hang on or keep up with the hustle and bustle of daily life. When you fall, there is nothing that you can hold on to. You more or less are forced toward this downward motion without any control. This lost of control may parallel a waking situation in your life. 

I don't know that this interpretation could be anymore accurate. Not only did I forget who I was and sign up for 15 units next semester, which includes math and history, ( in case you didn't know already, math and I don't get along..at all ) but my husband is leaving for bootcamp and there are so many unknowns in my future. I am contemplating my ability to actually start and finish 15 units. I know my intention was to keep myself busy while Eric is gone but I am the queen of burn out. I don't want to quit before I start, but I don't want to be forced to quit either. So the question I am facing is should I cut back on the units to ensure that I keep up the 4.0 for another semester or should I first attempt all these units and hope for the best? Some of me wants to pretend that I don't know myself, that I can actually follow through, and get through all these classes, but unfortunately I know myself too well and can only fear the worst. Burn out and dropped classes.

If only I could finally conquer the math class that has been haunting me for years...I would feel on top of the world...man I feel anxious just thinking about it.

2 comments:

  1. I had a teacher in high school who said "Always enroll in one more class than you think you can handle. If you can't handle the load, drop the one you hate the most." Turned out the best advice anyone gave me in preparing for college, I can't count how many classes I dropped! Just make sure you do it early enough so you don't wind up with a W on your transcript and you're set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! I HATE Math and I have to take it next semester! Also, I have a dream dictionary that I love to reference because I have dreams with reoccurred meanings and it helps alot when I'm trying to figure out deep rooted problems in life. LOL although I have NEVER had a dream of being drunk, that hilarious.

    ^__^

    ReplyDelete