Sunday, February 28, 2010

Goodbye

1047300968_uizgoodbye

Today’s the big day.  After a morning Church service, and my Mom’s famous enchiladas, at exactly 3:00pm I will be saying my goodbye’s to Eric. It will be the last time I see him for 5 months.  I didn’t think this day would actually come. It never seemed real until now…and it is as if it snuck up on me. Time flew by, so my only hope is that the next 5 months will fly by as well.

I did find this quote that lifts the mood a little…

“Missing someone gets easier every day because even though it's one day further from the last time you saw each other, it's one day closer to the next time you will.”

But I still don’t want to say goodbye.

5 comments:

  1. Parting is such sweet sorrow. Distance makes the heart grow fonder. Ok...what other cliche can I think of to fill in the gap. I pray for his safety. He will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. I'm so sorry. I don't know what I'd do without my husband for 5 months. I'll keep you in my prayers.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad that you had to say goodbye today:( I hope that these next 5 months will somehow fly by for you. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your prayers! They will be much needed and appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it was a tough day, you kept your feelings much to yourself and I knew you were hurting. I'm glad we are around for you. Eric will come back a smiling buff handsome guy in his uniform.

    ReplyDelete