Friday, February 19, 2010

The Great Escape

I have been dreading this day for two weeks. Thankfully, it is almost over. Today is the day I was supposed to get up in front of my Techniques in Exercise class and perform a ten minute modern aerobics routine. Once again, I got lucky and was saved by the bell…others however, were not so lucky.

I spent my morning as a panicked wreck. I couldn’t sleep, and swallowing my cereal was harder than usual due to the boulder in my throat and lack of saliva.  Everything I did seemed to be in fast forward and time flew by. My usual blogging time was filled with searching the internet for aerobic dance routines, which is actually a lot harder to find than you would think. I needed a routine for a beginner, and for the rhythmically impaired such as myself. I gathered all that I could from my friend Google and before I knew it, it was time to leave for class.

Upon arrival the parking lot was nearly empty and it looked the same way inside the classroom.There was an instant feeling of tension upon entering the gym and  there was about 10 out of 30 students there, and only two, including myself were women. I guess it is kind of entertaining to see a room full of men performing modern aerobics. Most of the guys were sitting a long the wall with their head in their hands, and the others stood in a group awaiting their doom saying they were “tired of this Richard Simmons shit”. At least we are all in this hell hole together.

A few more people trickled in as the four hour class went on. People took turns doing their 10 minute routines…and lucky for the rest of the class, (besides the constant babbling of our teacher) we got to do four hours worth of modern aerobics. Awesome.

My nerves are finally starting to calm down but I am still having trouble thinking straight. So sorry for such a dry post…you can sleep now, I think I will to.

TGIF!

2 comments:

  1. You're playing a mean game of Russian roulette in class, you know this right? You should make a bet with your classmates that you'll never get called up there. Maybe you could win some serious moola!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I know right? I was threatened to get thrown up there by a fellow classmate. I fear I am about to lose this game very soon :)

    ReplyDelete