Monday, February 8, 2010

Sleepy Eyed Confessions

morning moon

As I sit here staring at the morning moon, I can’t help but surrender to the fact that I feel unusually tired. For the first time since I can remember, I didn’t want to get out of bed. ( or off the floor in my case )  It is probably due to the fact that I have a lot of work to do today, or maybe it was because it’s freezing in here. I can’t wait to be done with moving so I can be warm, sleep in a bed, and be able to relax a little bit. The only thing I have to look forward to today is going to the fitness studio.

On another note, I have a confession to make. Due to lack of food, cooking utensils, time, and money,  I was forced to consume fast food. I am talking real fast food…the kind that you drive through. Eric and I went through the  Burger King drive through yesterday. No, I didn’t eat meat, so you can put those assumptions aside. However, I did have their veggie burger. They have a veggie burger made from Morningstar Farms veggie patties which you can also buy at the grocery store. It is good that they have a little healthier options, and choices for vegetarians in emergency situations, but I still feel a little dirty. Sorry Michael Pollan, I failed you this time.  Eric loved every second of it though. Especially seeing me eat something that came from a drive through. It is great that he is so easily amused.

Well, back to packing. Happy Monday everyone! Have anything exciting planned for the week? How about for Valentines Day?

5 comments:

  1. I think that it's a good thing that fast food places are coming up to the plate in providing for vegetarians, especially in Calif. In an emergency, you got to eat no matter what, or you WILL NOT have energy to work. I can only imagine, although you don't want to hear this, that 3rd world countries who are starving would die for food, yes, even fast food. We are spoiled and lucky we have choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pic!

    yummmm Burger King. Good choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you are hungry just about any food is good. Look on the bright side, you didn't have to cook it or clean up either. Tonight you can lay down in a warm comfortable bed in a clean room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cindy H- Why wouldn't I want to hear that? I don't know that they would die for food though because they are obviously trying to live by seeking out food..just a guess though. You "may not want to hear this" but there are people in OUR country who can only afford processed/ fast food and are inflicted with horrible diseases like type 2 diabetes. People may not be as hungry here, but their bodies are starving for nutrients. I am very thankful that I have a choice in what I eat, but like anything else bad choices come with consequences. Just because we can choose something, doesn't mean we should.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw.. He got a kick out of it, huh?

    I'm not a vegetarian, but I get sick after eating fast food.

    So you're not alone there.

    ReplyDelete