Saturday, February 6, 2010

Moving Day

Well, it’s about that time again. Moving day/Weekend is here and off to Auburn we go. Luckily it is not a two hour drive this time and things should go a little smoother…we should be pretty good at this whole moving thing by now.

I must say that it will be a little sad to leave Lincoln. I will miss the huge bike lanes, the close proximity to my school,  the mall, Trader Joes, Whole Foods, and most of all…sunrise, and sunset.

Sunset2

Sunset1

sunset3

sunrise1

 

Of course Auburn has some great sunsets as well, but Lincoln’s lack of hills leaves the sunset more exposed and left more easily observed. But there are a few things about Auburn that I am looking forward to. Like hanging out with my mom, and….

hiking

Hiking with my Dad ( yes that is a frog next to his camera bag, he didn’t step on it this time ).

trail running

Trail running

I can’t wait to make use of the trails in auburn, but first I have to stop stalling and pack up all my junk. I can’t wait until it is all done.

What do you hate the most about moving?

4 comments:

  1. LIke you what I hate most about moving are leaving the memories more than anything. What is nice the biggest move we've made someone else did all the packing! Yeah! I think all the frogs from the trails now have relocated inside my house...Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the idea of packing up everything is mind boggling. Sorting through so much stuff that should have been thrown away long ago! Leaving friends and familiar surroundings. But what I love about moving is the adventure of a new place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures!

    Hope you survive the move. I've moved so many times it's not even funny.

    I never had the energy to unpack after a move...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blah. Moving is awful. What I hate most about it is that I am too cheap to hire a moving company.

    ReplyDelete