Friday, February 5, 2010

Just My Luck?

This week has been uncharacteristically good. Too good. I feel like a huge lightening bolt  is going to strike me dead at any second, or the ground beneath me is just going to open up and swallow me whole. I am not this lucky…it’s just not possible. Inevitably something must go wrong.

I am still in shock that anything could even remotely go the way I want it to.  I think God finally got tired of hearing me whine and beg, or maybe all of those lucky pennies I picked up finally paid off, or perhaps all of those years of bad luck earned from walking under ladders and opening umbrellas in the house have finally worn off. I should buy a lottery ticket.  This week, not only did my dream job get within fingers reach, but I got a new phone, and avoided having to teach in front of class this morning. But wait, it gets better…there is no class next Friday. This confirms my week of pure luck, and gives it a chance to carry into next week. Double score.

Now that I have recognized my new found luck, Karma is going to be after me as if I laughed at someone else’s misfortune, or parked in a handicapped spot.

So what is one of the best things that has happened to you lately?

3 comments:

  1. To me it's not luck or Karma...when I look back it's all been God given and He has always met my needs. No complaints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...Havent really been feeling super lucky recently. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe your good luck will just keep continuing! We've had a pretty lucky week around here too... I wonder what next week has in store?

    ReplyDelete