Saturday, February 27, 2010

Steppin It Up

I can’t express how happy I am that it is Saturday, and I must of had some weird karmatic blessing because I escaped the dooms of getting up in front of class and making a fool out of myself once again. I didn’t even have to hide in the corner this time because the teacher forgot her grading sheets and postponed it to next week. Part of me just wanted to get it over with, but as time goes on, the more familiar I get with the people in the class, therefore making it a little less awkward. So there is some strategy that comes into play with my avoidance issues.

We have finally moved on in class from learning about modern aerobics, except the bad news is that we are now learning step aerobics. It is better in the sense that it doesn’t involve as many lame dance moves and requires a more robotic and mechanical motion but it is like 10 times harder skill wise. It’s a win lose situation. With aerobics, you feel like a dork even when you are doing it right, but with step aerobics it can be kind of fun and possibly even cool looking, but if you mess up once, it screws up your whole routine leaving you frozen like a deer in the headlights, or like your grandma trying to go up stairs with no handrails. Here is a an example of yesterday’s class minus Gilad in his sock stuffed tights, and his skanks.

 

I think this a more realistic example…

Anyone ever take a step class before? Did you like it? Hate it?

1 comment:

  1. I've only done the WiiStep haha. But I'm hoping to sign up for a step class soon... When I get the okay from my doctor to exercise again!

    ReplyDelete