Friday, February 12, 2010

New Recipes and Fulfilled Dreams

I finally got to cook dinner for my family last night. I made zucchini lasagna with homemade Focaccia bread. It was great being able to actually get all of the ingredients I needed for the recipe. It  has been a dream of mine to go to the grocery store and get all of the ingredients I needed. Thanks Mom, you helped fulfill a dream of mine! Unfortunately I didn’t get to start grocery shopping until about 4:00pm and I had taken on a new recipe. Not so smart.

I rushed around the store like a mad contestant on Top Chef, only instead of facing a quick fire challenge, I faced the challenge of dodging small children and little old ladies. Good thing I didn’t have a time limit because it ended up taking me forever. My parents were probably famished and about to fight the dogs for their food,  but they seemed to ignore their hunger pains quite well. On a more positive note, since I took forever Eric got to eat dinner with us even with is late arrival.

Besides being able to cook, the best part of the evening was being able to share what I made, and despite a few recipe discrepancy's no one projectile vomited on the table, or spit out their food in protest.  Hey, they may have even liked it a little. Even my vegetable hating husband, who reached for seconds I might add. Do I feel a cooking blog in the making? What do you all think?

Lastly, I would also like to thank my Mom for cleaning  up the disaster I made in the kitchen afterwards.  I promise I won’t make such a mess next time!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed yourself cooking! Was very tasty. Plus, it's not everyday that we get fresh baked bread! Also, it helps me get in a healthier meal. Your dad and I have made a tradition for the past year....whoever cooks the other cleans up, so thank him also. That has truly been a greatly appreciated help as that way I'm not picking at leftovers....a no no. Just as long as it's not a "Lucille Ball" flour fight to pick up after! lol =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, cooking blog! :)! It sounds like things went well with cooking and everyone enjoyed themselves. I actually enjoy the cleaning up after cooking, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds SO exciting! OMG I love to cook and your meal sounds FABULOUS!

    I also enjoy the cleaning up, but I am a clean freak...so I cant help it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret and Amanda- Sounds like I need to have you guys over for dinner since you guys like to clean up haha I need to learn how to like it I think :)

    ReplyDelete