Sunday, August 29, 2010

Devil Brownies and The China Study

I should be blogging...but I am busy making brownies. I think I am going to go on a baking hiatus...perhaps only for a week. All this sugar is soooo not good for me.

Speaking of health and sugar I just downloaded a sample of this book called The China Study on my ipad. Here is a little bit about what this book is all about; The China Study details the connection between nutrition and heart disease, diabetes and cancer. The report also examines the source of nutritional confusion produced by powerful lobbies, government entities, and opportunistic scientists. The New York Times has recognized the study (China-Oxford-Cornell Diet and Health Project) as the “Grand Prix of epidemiology” and the “most comprehensive large study ever undertaken of the relationship between diet and the risk of developing disease.”
Exciting huh? I know. Well it is for me. I live for this stuff.

I have been on this alternative medicine/different nutrition perspectives lately. I have learned pretty much everything I can learn on the nutrition front so I am eating up all of the alternative research that has been done on it. It is all new to me and I love it...the crazy part is how much sense it all makes. ( more sense than I am probably making right now ).

So not only is this book amazing so far but it makes me feel amazingly guilty for eating a whole lotta these chocolaty devils down here...



Yea...I am pretty sure I feel like death now. A sugar hangover is in store for me tomorrow. I am swearing off all baked goods and added sugars for exactly one week. I think I can, I think I can.

Want one?

1 comment: