Monday, August 30, 2010

Sugar, Emmy's, and Dreams

Remember yesterday when I talked about that sugar coma? Well, I was kind of joking but that coma was very real. I attempted to wake up for an hour and a half as I hit the snooze button every 10 minutes. I never even usually need an alarm to wake up, nor do I hit the snooze button. Who am I? I even sat up in attempt to drag myself out of bed only to find my head hitting the pillow. Yea..not an ideal morning. 

Anyways, my inability to wake could also have something to do with my late night Emmy viewing. I am not an award show junkie, or civilian fashion police, but there is something about the ambience of the whole ordeal that captivates me. I wonder what it would be like to actually be present at such an awards ceremony. I also like to wonder what it is like to be a writer for a show that wins an Emmy. Or even just a writer for a TV show. How awesome would it be to see your thoughts, and your words acted out on screen. I like to think that I would get there someday, but of course this is just a dream. A big dream. Maybe I could be the next Tina Fey? Or get lucky like Diablo Cody? Well considering the odds, probably not. But hey, I can dream right?

On another note, I finally got my military passport today which means that I am one step closer to getting to Germany. I am hoping it won't end up being the second half of eternity to get there. I would like to see my husband sometime soon. Preferably now. 

Happy Monday




2 comments:

  1. Ohhh sounds like a day for Go Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh Im so jealous! I couldnt find the Emmys in Peru...Boo :( I did watch a few of the clips on Youtube though. So fun!

    Hoping you get to Germany ASAP!

    ReplyDelete