Saturday, August 7, 2010

Lessons Learned

These past few days I have been having this "life is too short" mantra unwillingly playing in my head. I guess it is my sub-conscience trying to trick me out of being so anxious, or so intense with everything and I am feeling a sense of change happening.

I am trying to think of how to organize this blog but I have so many things going on in my head that even an outline seems impossible. So I will try for a list. Here are some things I am learning or am in the process of learning.

1. Pastel Drawing is fun, I thought it was too slow for me but then realized that I need something to help slow me down and not be so intense. Here is the result of my first class...


It didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would, and it was fun to be somewhat forced to break out of my mental struggle with art. 

2. Life is in fact very short
3. I have stumbled across a new way of eating and keeping your body healthy. A little thing called body PH which I find very intriguing and am enjoying learning about it, and ready to pick up some new eating habits. 
4. I need rest. I think I am going to start scheduling a "rest day" and force myself to take it. ( I am talking about running ). I have a hard time taking a complete day off, but I have a feeling my body will be a lot happier with a whole day to recover. Could be good for the mind as well. 

What are you learning at the moment?

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear about your "day off"....and I knew you would do a good job with pastels besides it relieving some tension. What I'm learning at every moment....that God is control, there is nothing I can do about worrying so I give it ALL to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the pastel class, knew you would do well. Am also happy to hear you will give your body a rest a day or so a week. That is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to hearing more about the food and pH thing. I know I make myself miserable sometimes when I go way acidic (but..sometimes I can't help myself, tomatoes are just soo good).

    ReplyDelete